This application is for those administrators who have completed all of the requirements below for the superintendent certification.
The superintendent certification is for district-level leadership in the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent roles.
Certifications for the Superintendent roles are not required by the state of Washington, but may be required by a school district as part of their hiring standards.
- Completion of a master's degree. Must submit official transcripts showing degrees
- Completion of a state approved superintendent preparation program Form 4001E OR
- Three years of full-time experience AND a copy of an out of state superintendent certificate. Complete the form which applies and submit at the time of application Form 4020F-1
- Hold or have held a valid regular teaching, ESA, principal or program administrator certificate
- Submission of fingerprints for a background check is required, if a valid certificate is not already on record
If you have all necessary documentation to apply for this certificate, login to: E-Certification