Social media tools are a powerful method of communication used by millions of individuals and groups across the globe to share information and connect with others. OSPI uses social media tools and channels to enhance communication and engagement with school districts, parents and families, stakeholders, the public, employees, and others to support the agency's brand and strategic goals.
Contacting OSPI via social media is not considered an official means of contacting the agency or providing public comment. While OSPI’s social media presence is monitored, questions for the agency should be sent to email@example.com.
OSPI reserves the discretion to hide and remove comments, as well as block offenders, as a result of any social media user comments on any account operated by OSPI – including, but not limited to, quoted retweets, replies, links, and/or images – that are inconsistent with the following content guidelines:
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, age, and/or honorably discharged veteran or military status.
- Personal attacks, name-calling, harassing, or defamatory statements, including derogatory comments directed at another individual or group of individuals.
- Violent, obscene, profane, pornographic, or threatening content and/or language.
- Advocacy of or opposition to any political candidate, political party, or ballot measure.
- External content not suitable for readers or viewers of all ages.
- Promotion of or inciting illegal or violent conduct.
- Content that is off-topic.
- Content containing false or misleading information, such as misinformation and disinformation.
- Advocacy of, promoting, or discussing commercial activity or private business interests, including links to or advertising commercial activity.
- Content that infringes on any trademark, copyright, or patent rights of another.
- Personal information including, but not limited to, email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or personal identification numbers.
- Repetitive user comments, including those that are copied and pasted.
This social media comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a Limited Public Forum.