We are excited to announce an important update regarding our website URL. As part of our ongoing efforts to improve functionality and increase internet security, we are changing our current URL from k12.wa.us to ospi.k12.wa.us. Read more about this change and its impact.
GATE Partnership Advisory Committee
The Graduation A Team Effort (GATE) Partnership Advisory Committee is a broad base of youth and family-serving agencies and organizations that meet quarterly. This committee works to provide a wide lens of input on specific goals and topics related to the development and implementation of a dropout prevention, intervention, and reengagement system across cradle to career milestones.
The Legislature established the Building Bridges program and workgroup in 2007 to keep all students visible and on track to graduate from high school. The state's ongoing student engagement and reengagement efforts are based on the recommendations of the Building Bridges Workgroup. Read RCW 28A.175.075 for more information!
- The Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Workforce training and education coordinating board
- Department of children, youth, and families
- Employment security department
- State board for community and technical colleges
- Department of Health
- Community mobilization office
- Children's services and behavioral health and recovery divisions of the department of social and health services
- A statewide organization representing career and technical education programs including skill centers
- Juvenile courts or the office of juvenile justice, or both
- Washington association of prosecuting attorneys
- Washington state office of public defense
- Accredited institutions of higher education
- Educational service districts
- Area workforce development councils
- Parent and educator associations
- Educational opportunity gap oversight and accountability committee
- Office of the Education Ombuds
- Local school districts; agencies or organizations that provide services to special education students
- Community organizations serving youth
- Federally recognized tribes and urban tribal centers
- Each of the major political caucuses of the senate and house of representatives
- Minority commissions
- Senate Staff: Ben Omdal
- Building Bridges Grantees
- Building Bridges Legislative Report 2021
- 2018 Legislative Report
- Feedback Survey – Do you have a suggestion? Share your thoughts!
May 12, 2020 Dual Credit
Due to current "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" measures, our meeting was a virtual meeting to explore dual credit outcomes and learn about increasing equitable access to dual credit from multiple viewpoints.