Special Education Funding and Finance

Contact Information

The purpose of this page is to provide school district employees and the general public with a central location to find information relating to Special Education funding.

Annual State Grant Application

Washington's annual application to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) for Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) funds.

Washington State Special Education Funding

Special Education funding in Washington State is provided through state and federal funding sources.

Safety Net Funding

Safety net funding is available to school districts with a demonstrated capacity for Special Education funding in excess of state and federal funding otherwise provided.


Health Care Authority (HCA) is the main entity responsible for Medicaid.

Questions regarding the Medicaid program should be directed to:

Shanna Muirhead, Program Manager
School-Based Healthcare Services for Children in Special Education
Community & Health Care Services
Health Care Authority

School-Based Healthcare website

Required Medicaid Forms