Frameworks and Rubrics
Washington has developed eight evaluator criteria for teachers and principals. All of the Teacher and Principal Evaluation Program (TPEP) Frameworks include these evaluation criteria and are used throughout the entire evaluation process. The state evaluation criteria and the frameworks are the foundation for the evaluation program.
- Evaluation Criteria & Descriptors
- Often referred to as the “State 8,” legislation clearly describes the eight evaluation criteria for both teachers and principals.
- WAC 392-191A-060 Minimum evaluation criteria – Certificated classroom teachers
- Teacher Criteria and Instructional Framework Alignment
- WAC 392-191-A-150 Minimum evaluation criteria – Certificated principals and assistant principals.
- Instructional & Leadership Frameworks
An instructional or leadership framework is a common language and vision of what quality teaching and leading looks like. It is shared by everyone in the district and aligns to the eight state criteria created by E2SSB 6696.
OSPI adopted three instructional frameworks.
- CEL 5D+ Teacher Evaluation Rubric
- Charlotte Danielson’s Framework for Teaching
- Marzano’s Teacher Evaluation Model