World Language Competency Based Credits
World Language Competency-based Credits (WLCbC) are when students earn high school graduation credits for their language skills by showing proficiency on an accepted test.
Identifying Eligible Students
- Who is able to earn World Language Competency-based Credits?
All students are allowed to earn WLCbC.
- What languages are eligible for WLCbC?
All languages are allowed to earn WLCbC.
- What Graduation Pathway should a student choose to earn credits?
All pathways allow a student to earn WLCbC.
Language proficiency means a person’s ability to use language for real-world reasons naturally for many topics and reasons. Proficiency is a range and language users can build proficiency across different skills at different speeds. For students in K-12 grades, our goal is to develop a system that supports any bilingual student to receive world language credits by demonstrating language proficiency.
Competency Testing & Awarding of Credit
- World Language Competency Testing and Credits- See processes for steps, registration, testing, and more.
- Earn World Language Competency Credits- The World Language Credit Program is a way to earn high school credit for a language you already know.