School Facilities Advisory Groups
The School Facilities Citizens Advisory Panel (CAP) and Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) are advisory groups that were formed in July 2006. The purpose of CAP is to maintain citizen oversight on issues pertaining to school facilities and funding for school construction. On the other hand, TAC's primary function is to enhance the level of expert advice provided to the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) on technical issues related to school facilities.
Technical Advisory Committee
TAC is the culmination of a two-year effort to reconstitute the School Facilities Advisory Board (SFAB). TAC is comprised of members appointed by OSPI and was initially impaneled by transition of the SFAB membership into TAC. TAC members represent various organizations and industries involved with the construction and preservation of schools. TAC is responsible for:
- Promoting cost effective planning, design, and construction of public schools in order to achieve reduced maintenance and operation costs.
- Providing expertise and advice on technical matters related to the construction, modification, and maintenance of school facilities throughout the state.
- Facilitating communication between OSPI and professional organizations on technical issues.
- Representing field conditions and school districts.
- Recommending changes to enhance and improve service to school districts
- TAC Membership Roster
- Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Operating Procedures
- Next meeting: December 1, 2023
If you would like the zoom link and agenda, email Shellie Neuman.
Citizens Advisory Panel
CAP advises and makes recommendations to OSPI regarding:
- School facilities.
- Funding for school construction.
- Joint planning and financing of educational facilities.
- Facility plans and programs for non-high school districts.
- Determinations of remote and necessary schools.
- CAP Membership Roster
- Next meeting: TBD
If you would like the zoom link to the meeting email Shellie Neuman.