Washington State Common School Manual
The 2023 Common School Manual (revised March 2023) is a compilation of most of the laws enacted by the state legislature governing common school system operations and other titles containing laws affecting school operations. Also included are the administrative rules adopted to enhance the laws. This manual is printed in two volumes, 1) RCWs; 2) WACs.
To submit an order for single or multiple print copies of the Common School Manual, please use this online form. We do not accept orders over the phone.
- RCWs & WACs that pertain to K-12 Education in Washington
Common School Provisions
Rules & Regulations
- Title 392 WAC - Rules and Regulations of OSPI
- Title 180 WAC - Rules and Regulations of the State Board of Education
- Title 181 WAC - Rules and Regulations of the Professional Educator Standards Board
- Chapter 34.05 RCW - Administrative Procedure Act
- Chapter 34.12 RCW - Office of Administrative Hearings
- Chapter 10-08 WAC - Model Rules of Procedure
From Code Reviser's Office: This material was derived from the official RCW or WAC computer database by computer operation. It is possible that errors or omissions may have occurred in this process. Please check your material and consult the official codes and supplements to verify completeness and accuracy. Recipient accepts the risk of any error or omission.