Support National Board Candidates
Support Partner Agreements 2022-2023
2023-2024 Support Partner Agreement-All candidate support providers must complete this agreement in order to be approved through the Washington National Board Network. Candidates applying for OSPI's conditional loan must be participating in a cohort through an approved support provider.
Agreements must be completed and sent to OSPI no later than November 30, 2023.
Partners and programs are a key factor in Washington state's successful support of candidates. Universities, non-profits, education associations, and school districts hire trained NBCTs as facilitators to support candidates through the certification process.
- OSPI Approved Support Providers (contact information for all approved district and organization cohorts) Note: support providers must complete the approval process annually
- School districts (a list of districts that provide any type of support for candidates and NBCTs; not all districts may be on the Approved Support Providers list)
Start a Cohort
Candidates that receive the OSPI Conditional Loan are required to join one of the OSPI-approved support providers, though all candidates are strongly encouraged to meet regularly with a cohort.
The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards recognizes Washington as a model state in recruitment, retention and support of candidates. Their report stated:
- Washington has ninth highest applicant volume in country
- The data supports the idea that Washington is a model state in terms of low attrition rate, high candidate volume, high quality candidate support and quality mentor training (as evidenced by the high achievement rate for first-time candidates)
- Washington has the lowest attrition rate in the country (9 percent)
- The attrition rate for candidates in Title I schools is much lower than that for non-Title I schools.