Health and Physical Education Laws & Resources
Training & Staff Development
- SHAPE Conference
Saturday, October 15
- Lifelines: The Unique Role of PE Teachers in Student Wellness
Tuesday, September 27
- Focused Fitness Collection
(Five 1-hour Courses)
Health and Physical Education teaches our students that good health and safety principles can lead to a lifetime of healthy practices, resulting in more productive, active, and successful lives.
To ensure student achievement in health and physical education, it is critical that the curriculum, instruction, and assessment align.
Below you will find laws and regulations related to health and physical education in Washington state, as well as grant, learning standards, teaching tools resources, and more!
- Associated Student Body grant program/iGrants FP 151 for !) SY 2023-24 open now until October 19th, 2023.
- Washington State K-12 Learning Standards for Health and Physical Education
- Physical Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (PECAT)
- PE Central PE Resource Clearing House
- Sexual Health Education State Requirements
- Mental Health & High School Curriculum Guide
- Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) resources
Laws & Regulations
- House Bill 1660
- Revised Code Washington
- RCW 28A.230.295: Daily recess
- RCW 28A.230.040: PE in Grades 1-8
- RCW 28A.230.050: PE in High Schools
- RCW 28A.230.055: Annual Data Reporting of Physical Education Programs
- Physical Education programs—Annual Review for 2018-2019
- RCW 28A.230.095: Assessments for Health & PE (Formerly CBAs)
- RCW 28A.230.179: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation instruction
- OSPI's Requirements for CPR/AED Instruction FAQ document
- Washington Administrative Code