Seamless Summer Option (SSO)
The Seamless Summer Option (SSO) combines features of the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), the School Breakfast Program (SBP), and the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). The Seamless Summer option offers a streamlined approach to LEA’s already participating in NSLP and is only available to public and private schools participating in the NSLP. LEAs may also choose to operate the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) instead of the SSO. Refer to the Comparison of Programs to help you determine the best program for your LEA.
LEAs operating the summer meal programs at summer school sites must offer meals to summer school students and community children. If the LEA wants to offer meals to summer school students only, it must extend the NSLP/SBP.
- Program Application, Materials, and Requirements
- Civil Rights Reference Sheet
- Limited English Proficiency Reference Sheet
- LEP - Important Information to Translate Notice Reference Sheet
- Race and Ethnicity Data Collection Reference Sheet
- Civil Rights Complaint Procedure and Form - English | Additional translations coming soon!
- Civil Rights Complaint Log Template
- USDA Civil Rights Complaint Form | Spanish Form
- And Justice for All Poster (2022 version)
- Please note that institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are required to display the appropriate “And Justice for All” (AD-475A) poster in their facilities where it can be viewed by customers.
- All “And Justice for All” posters must be displayed in a specific size: 11” width x 17” height.
- The PDF shared here is for the purpose of reference rather than for printing and display.
- For additional languages, please visit the USDA And Justice for All Posters webpage.
Social Media Content
- Sample Social Media Posts in English and Spanish
- Free Summer Meals Website Header 1 | Web Header 2
- Free Summer Meals Facebook Banner English | Spanish
- Free Summer Meals Instagram Banner English | Spanish
- Free Summer Meals Instagram Square English | Spanish
- Tools and Resources
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.