Transition from Part C to Part B (Indicator 12)
Part C to B Transition refers to children transitioning from Early Intervention (Part C) to Early Childhood Special Education (Part B) prior to the student's third birthday. For children transitioning from Part C to Part B, the Timeline for Initial Evaluation must also be completed by the third birthday.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part C to Part B Transition Guidance (OSPI, 6/23/23)
- Provision of Services to Children with Disabilities in Early Childhood Programs during School Facility Closure
- Early Support for Infants and Toddlers (ESIT)
- Late Services-Provision and Documentation Practice Guide (ESIT, 7/19)
- Late Referrals to Part C (NECTAC, 07/19)
- Transition Timeline (NECTAC, 3/12/10)