We are excited to announce an important update regarding our website URL. As part of our ongoing efforts to improve functionality and increase internet security, we are changing our current URL from k12.wa.us to ospi.k12.wa.us. Read more about this change and its impact.
Home/Hospital (H/H) instruction is provided to students who are temporarily unable to attend school for an estimated period of four weeks and no more than 18 weeks because of a physical and/or mental disability or illness. The program does not provide tutoring to students caring for an infant or a relative who is ill.
School districts determine student eligibility for H/H tutoring based on the requirements found in Washington Administrative Code WAC 392-172A-02100 and guidelines for district administration of the H/H Instruction Program.
- H/H is limited to services as deemed necessary to provide temporary intervention as a result of physical and/or mental disability or illness.
- H/H services are limited to a maximum of 18 weeks. Weeks of absences may be consecutive or intermittent but may not exceed the 18-week limit.
Please review our Home and Hospital Guidance for information on eligibility, week limitations, tutoring and reporting requirements.
- January 17 Home Hospital Webinar
- Home and Hospital Guidance
- Sample Request for H/H Form
- Report of Final H/H Services (Form E525)