SFSP Requirements and Materials
Materials to help with program applications, requirements, and record-keeping such as program forms, monitoring forms, special dietary needs requirements, and more!
- Application Materials
The application materials below are for sponsors to operate the SFSP in Summer 2023. It can take up to 30 days to process a complete application – please submit your application at least 30 days before your planned start date. All applications must be submitted by June 15, the federal application deadline.
1. Review the appropriate SFSP Application Bulletin for requirements.
- New SFSP Sponsors: Sponsors who did not operate SFSP in summer 2022; sponsors electing to operate the SFSP and have not operated a Child Nutrition Program previously; returning sponsors with new lead administrative staff; returning sponsors required to attend as part of their corrective action plan.
- Returning SFSP Sponsors: Sponsors who operated the SFSP during summer 2022 and do not have new lead administrators, and are not required to attend in-person training as part of a corrective action plan must complete SFSP Returning Sponsor training requirements.
2. Use the SFSP Application Checklist to help complete application requirements.
3. Gather the appropriate additional documentation to submit your application.
- Free Meal Policy Statement- Closed Sites
- Free Meal Policy Statement- Open Sites
- Health Department Notification Letter
- Media Release - Closed Sites
- Media Release - Open Sites
- Statewide Payee Registration Washington State
- WINS Access Rights / User Authorization form
- Training Record
4. Submit required documentation using the 2023 SFSP Application Submission Survey. NOTE: Make sure you have all your documents ready to upload before completing the checklist. If you exit the checklist before it is submitted, your progress will be lost.
- Area Eligibility
- Civil Rights
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) 113-1: Civil Rights Compliance and Enforcement
- Civil Rights Reference Sheet
- Limited English Proficiency Reference Sheet
- LEP - Important Information to Translate Notice Reference Sheet
- Race and Ethnicity Data Collection Reference Sheet
- Civil Rights Complaint Procedure and Form - English | Additional translations coming soon!
- Civil Rights Complaint Log Template
- And Justice for All Poster (2022 version)
- Please note that institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are required to display the appropriate “And Justice for All” (AD-475A) poster in their facilities where it can be viewed by participants and potential participants.
- All “And Justice for All” posters must be displayed in a specific size: 11” width x 17” height.
- The PDF shared here is for the purpose of reference rather than for printing and display.
- For additional languages, please visit the USDA And Justice for All Posters webpage.
Civil Rights Training
Civil Rights training must be completed annually by all staff who help administer a Child Nutrition Program. Program directors and administrators must train staff on organizational practices and requirements. This training is geared toward Child Nutrition Program sponsors and administrators or directors of organizations. While this training goes over what is required for Civil Rights training, it does not go specifically into organizational practices.
Visit the Civil Rights Training in our learning system, Canvas, to review the training. Note: You will need to create a free Canvas account to access this training.
- Field Trips
- Financial Management
- Administrative Capability Worksheet
- Calculating Budget Worksheet
- Getting Started - Procurement Plan and Code of Conduct Template | Checklist | Recorded Training
- Operational Expense Worksheet
- Allowable Costs
- Code of Conduct Reference Sheet
- Financial Viability, Capability, and Accountability (VCA)
- New Sponsor SFSP
- Procurement Procedure Plan
- Meal Count Forms
- Miscellaneous Forms and Documents
- Housing Authority Collection Form
- How to Participate in Summer Meals Fact Sheet | Spanish
- Meal Delivery Receipt
- Sample SFSP Sponsor and Site Agreement
- SFSP Accurate Meal Counting and Claiming Fact Sheet
- SFSP Annual Calendar
- SFSP Do's and Don'ts for Site Supervisors Fact Sheet
- SFSP Offer vs. Serve Fact Sheet
- SFSP Site Rules English | Arabic | Chinese | Khmer | Korean | Marshallese | Punjabi | Russian | Somalian | Spanish | Ukrainian | Vietnamese
- Expanded SFSP Site Rules in English and Spanish
- Monitoring Forms
- Promotional Materials
Spread the word about your programs using branded statewide promotion materials! The Free Summer Meals webpage helps families find SFSP meal sites and shares information about other meal programs in our state.
Social Media Content
- Sample Social Media Posts in English and Spanish
- Free Summer Meals Website Header 1 | Web Header 2
- Free Summer Meals Facebook Banner English | Spanish
- Free Summer Meals Instagram Banner English | Spanish
- Free Summer Meals Instagram Square English | Spanish
- Free Summer Meals Banner
- Free Summer Meals Flyer - Fillable
- Free Summer Meals Flyer
- Double-Sided Bookmarks- English and Spanish
- Feather Flag
- Special Dietary Needs
- Vending Meals