Special Education Data Reporting and Collection
OSPI collects special education data which must be submitted annually to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), U.S. Department of Education.
This page displays information on the federally required data that will be collected during the school year. Each collection has a separate set of instructions, data collection forms, and due dates. All school districts are required to respond, even if they have no students with IEPs.
Special Education Federal Reporting
2023-24 School Year
- November Special Education Federal Child Count and Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
Federal Special Education Child Count and Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) may only be submitted using the Special Education November Federal Child Count Application located in EDS, in the My Applications listing. This data must be certified and submitted no later than December 11, 2023.
- Special Education Personnel Employed and Contracted
Personnel Employed or Contracted to Work with Students with IEPs -- Email the completed form to Special Ed Data no later than December 11, 2023
You must first download the template and save it to your computer before filling in any information. Open each template with Excel, fill in the required data, and then attach the document and email to Special Ed Data for submission. You cannot submit via the internet.
- Early Childhood Outcomes (Child Outcomes Summary)
- Early Childhood Outcomes User Guide
- CEDARS Early Childhood Outcomes Reporting Guidance (includes Child Outcomes Rating Tool--How to calculate progress).
- Resources for this data collection are located on the Early Childhood Outcomes - Indicator 7 web page.
- Timeline for Initial Evaluation and Transition from Part C to Part B
Timeline for Initial Evaluation of Special Education and Transition from Part C to Part B by Child's 3rd Birthday is now a part of the district's CEDARS Submissions. Refer to the CEDARS Manual and Appendices for complete information. All school districts must submit this report on or before July 15, 2024 through the Timeline for Initial Evaluation and Transition from Part C to Part B EDS Application even if they have zero students to report.
- Disciplinary Incidents of Students with IEPs
Disciplinary Incidents of Students with IEPs may only be submitted using the Behavior and Weapons application located in EDS, in the My Applications listing.
Refer to the CEDARS Manual and Appendices for complete information. Data from the school districts will be pulled from CEDARS as of August 2, 2024 (last CEDARS submission would be August 1, 2024).
- Post-School Outcomes for Students with IEPs
Post-School Data Survey and the Demographic Form are located on the Center's website.
For students who left high school in 2022
- Phone Interviews begin on June 1, 2023
- Online data must be entered by November 1, 2023
For students who left high school in 2023
- Phone Interviews begin on June 1, 2024
- Online data must be entered by November 1, 2024