Substitute Administrator Certificate In-State

The Substitute Certificate requires the same level of preparation as the regular Administrator Certificate.

If you recently graduated from a state of Washington college/university administrator preparation program and have not been issued a certificate please contact your institution for assistance.


  • Completion of a master's degree, must submit official transcript
  • Completion of a state approved administrator preparation program or an approved alternate route program, or three years of full-time, out of state administrator experience. Complete the form which applies and submit at the time of application Form 4001E, Form 4020F-1
  • Submission of fingerprints for a background check is required, if a valid certificate is not already on record


If you have all necessary documentation to apply for this certificate, login to: E-Certification

*IMPORTANT: Please note that application fees are NOT refundable. Ensure that you select and submit the correct application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact our office.