• Facebook
  • OSPI on Twitter
  • Instagram Icon
  • OSPI Medium
  • OSPI LinkedIn
  • OSPI YouTube
  • Subscribe to OSPI GovDelivery

You are here

Home » Certification » Educational Staff Associates (ESA) » ESA Reissue, Renewal, Conversion and Upgrade » Converting Initial to Residency ESA

Converting Initial to Residency ESA

This application is for those Educational Staff Associates (ESA) who hold or have held an Initial ESA school counselor or school psychologist certificate must convert to a Residency ESA certificate under current standards.


  • Hold or have held an initial ESA certificate for the role, issued under previous standards
  • Verification of master's degree appropriate to certification role. If transcripts are not on file, they must be submitted at the time of application
  • Submission of fingerprints for a background check is required, if a valid certificate is not already on record


If you have all necessary documentation to apply for this certificate, login to: E-Certification

*IMPORTANT: Please note that application fees are NOT refundable. Ensure that you select and submit the correct application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact our office.