School Behavior Analyst
This application is for people seeking their first tier certification for the school behavior analyst role.
- Master's degree or higher. Must submit official transcripts showing degree conferral
- Hold a valid Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certificate from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB). Must submit a copy of valid BCBA certificate.
- Passing score on the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) exam from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)
- Complete a PESB-approved ESA course (Professional Transitions to Public Schools), per WAC 181-79A-224
- Submission of fingerprints for a background check is required, if a valid certificate is not already on record
EXAM NOTE: Applicants may submit a copy of their BCBA certificate as verification of exam completion.
COURSE NOTE: For the PESB approved course, the applicant must have completed prior to, or within one year after application, a 15 clock hour or 1 semester hour course course approved by the Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB) which will include a number of topics related to the Educational Staff Associate (ESA) roles.
PERMIT NOTE: Provided, that an individual who meets all other requirements (fingerprinting, degree, license if required), but who has not yet provided verification of ESA course completion, shall be issued a temporary permit valid for one year, allowing the individual to practice in the role. The candidate shall provide verification of course completion to OSPI during the one-year period.
If you have all necessary documentation to apply for this certificate, login to: E-Certification