OSPI’s Website Address Change

We are excited to announce an important update regarding our website URL. As part of our ongoing efforts to improve functionality and increase internet security, we are changing our current URL from k12.wa.us to ospi.k12.wa.us. Read more about this change and its impact

  • Facebook
  • OSPI on Twitter
  • Instagram Icon
  • OSPI Medium
  • OSPI LinkedIn
  • OSPI YouTube
  • Subscribe to OSPI GovDelivery

You are here

Home » Certification » Teachers » Already Washington Certified Educators » Provisional Teaching Certificate

Provisional Teaching Certificate

There are no current active Provisional Teaching Certificates. The next steps for educators who previously held one of these certificates is to convert it to a Residency Certificate or apply for the Substitute Certificate.

If you hold an expired Provisional Teaching Certificate, please contact our office at (360) 725-6400 or Cert@k12.wa.us  for your certificate options.

*IMPORTANT: Please note that application fees are NOT refundable. Ensure that you select and submit the correct application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact our office.