Residency Principal and Program Administrator Upgrade to Professional
Those principals and program administrators who hold or previously held a Residency Administrator Certificate and qualify for the Professional Administrator Certificate, will need to apply to upgrade to the Professional Administrator Certificate.
- Must meet all requirements for the Residency Administrator Certificate
- Completion of a professional administrator program approved by Washington State's Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB) (Not currently offered, must have been previously completed.)
- Must verify completion of the Oregon Continuing Administrator License (CAL) Program
- Submission of fingerprints for a background check is required, if a valid certificate is not already on record
- Must attest to completion of an issues of abuse course for more information see WAC 181-79A-030(9). This course MUST be entered into the 'PD Hours' section of your E-Certification account prior to applying
PROGRAM NOTE: The Professional Administrator Certificate cannot be awarded to holders of CAL certificates alone. The CAL program must have been completed in order to gain the certificate in Oregon. Those administrators who were granted the CAL certificate based on completion of a doctoral program qualify for the Residency Administrator Certificate.
ISSUES OF ABUSE COURSE NOTE: The issues of abuse course or course work must include information related to identification of physical, emotional, sexual, and substance abuse; the impact on learning and behavior; the responsibilities of an educator to report abuse or to provide assistance to victimized children; and methods of teaching about abuse and its prevention.
If you have all necessary documentation to apply for this certificate, login to: E-Certification
*IMPORTANT: Please note that application fees are NOT refundable. Ensure that you select and submit the correct application. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact our office.