Small LEA Support Team (SLST)
SLST Statewide Virtual Network Meetings
Upcoming Virtual Office Hours
Zoom Link for Office Hours
1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month
About half of the Local Education Agencies (LEAs) in Washington have a student attendance of 1000 students or less. OSPI values these communities and recognizes their unique challenges. Among the many challenges, small LEAs lack staff and resources. This may impact their ability to meet the many needs of students.
OSPI, in collaboration with statewide education partners, has created a team of OSPI staff dedicated to supporting these small LEAs of Washington. The Small LEA Support Team (SLST) serves LEAs and has convened a Small LEA Support Team Advisory Committee to guide this work.
A list of LEAs supported by the SLST.
Consolidated Grant Application (CGA) for Select REAP Eligible LEAs
Eligible LEAs were selected using the following criteria:
- Eligible LEAs that use REAP Alternative Fund Use Authority
- Small LEAs that do not receive allocations under any federal programs except Title I, Part A; Title II, Part A; and/or Title IV, Part A
- Small LEAs that will not use Transferability
SLST Advisory Committee
- Brent Freeman, Wahkiakum/ESD 112
- Effie Dean, Nespelem/ESD 117
- Gerald Grubbs, Starbuck/ESD 123
- Jim Kowalkowski, Rural Education Center
- Jon Claymore, Taholah/ESD 113
- Kevin Jacka, The Rural Alliance
- Mark Pickel, Starbuck/ESD 123
- Bulmaro Ruiz, Roosevelt/ESD 112
- Scott Mauk, Chimacum/ESD 114
- Scotti Wiltse, Pateros/ESD 171